Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Rise of the Legions - 1690 BC to 1360 BC

1690 BC: Being at peace can be quite boring but I have to cultivate my lands - build farms, pastures and mines in order to get the most out of the citizens. I also get denounced every now and then, so I denounce the denouncer, in this case, Catherine. What follows is several other leaders saying that they also dislike Catherine.


Sometimes a Barbarian enters within firing range and my troops get target practice thus gaining experience which leads to promotion.


1640 BC: Rome has completed building the Stone Works so I shall build another Archer before a Circus, which becomes possible as soon as Trapping is completed, 3 Turns.

1630 BC: I adopt a new Policy - Citizenship which gives me a free Worker and reduces the cost of new Workers.

1610 BC: Trapping is completed and I commence researching The Wheel. It enables me to build Roads to connect my cities and leads to Mathematics = Ballistas. In the pic below a Worker ENE of Rome is busy building an Iron Mine


1600 BC: The Archer in Rome is completed and I commence building the Circus = +3 Happiness when finished.

1550 BC: The Iron Mine is completed and I convert a Warrior to my 1st Legion :) Note that in Bilbao a Settler and in Mainz a Circus are being built.


1500 BC: The Wheel is now complete and I start researching Mathematics. Bismarck appears to have been busy building Warriors as well but I see no Iron Mine - non-Roman players have Swordsmen not Legions - they are weaker...

Another Wine Hex is ready and I make a great deal with Askia of the Songhai - enough Gold for 3 Legions, he he...


1410 BC: Time to check my statistics...I still have the largest production and I now have the strongest army.


My Victory Points score is way ahead of my neighbours...only Gandhi is near and we are friends.


1400 BC: Bismarck declares war on France!!! I guess my Legions are a deterrent....


Now to change the course of history - I sell Horses to Genghis Khan!!! :D - let's hope that the Golden Hordes keep the Russians busy....


1380 BC: The German city of Hamburg is looking a bit unprotected and Bismarck has the nerve to denounce me.... >:)



1360 BC: Bismarck and Napoleon make peace...


...so I decide to attack Germany before they can recover. I have managed to maneuver my forces around Hamburg due to an Open Borders agreement.


Caesar's Legions are on the march and the earth is trembling!!! Ave :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.