Monday 19 November 2012

Bathing the Turks - 720 AD to 735 AD

720 AD: The original intention was to provoke Catherine of Russia into some kind of action against me but apart from the expected denouncement nothing happened. Instead the Ottomans went crazy - not only denouncing me but accusing me of breaking all kinds of agreements and various insults. The last straw was to turn their back on me and start marching south towards Arabia, as if I posed no threat. Nobody turns their back on Caesar!!! Time to teach Suleiman some manners :-D

725 AD: War is declared! To avoid my transports being sunk like they were against Greece, my Trireme attacks the Turkish ship - a Ballista finishes it off.
My Trireme in the eastern Med. destroys an enemy Warrior....
 ....and the rest of my forces move forward.
 
 The Ottomans respond by pouncing on my Pikeman SSE of Istanbul....
....and city of Edirne barrages my Ballista in the Caucasus.

Catherine has decided to make Peace with Suleiman - does she have other plans? Babylon and India have declared war on Suleiman, neither are neighbours but they may have an Open Borders agreement with Persia so I can't drag my feet too much.

730 AD: The battle continues - first a Ballista supports an amphibious assault on an Archer Unit
 
 then a Trireme punishes the Warrior that bashed my Pikeman....
 Two Ballistas soften up the defences of Istanbul...
 
 ...then two Longswordsmen assault the city.
 
735 AD: Closing in on Istanbul but first I need to support my flanks. My southern flank is becoming active...an Archer in Egypt bites the dust and Mediterranean fleet bombards an Ottoman Catapult.
 
 
 Next an Archer east of Istanbul is cut down to size. Next the assault on Istanbul.
 
Two Ballistas open the next round again...
 
...then two Longswordsmen are enough to finish off the garrison.
 
 Istanbul is mine!!!
 
 Now I annihilate the pesky Warrior...
 ....and warn the Ottoman's Pikeman not to get too close.
That's the phase of my Ottoman campaign. The city of Edirne is now in my sights.

Ave, Caesar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.