Monday 26 November 2012

Is Persia up for Grabs? - 875 AD to 905 AD

875 AD: The capture of Thebes, now Cairo, was much easier than expected and with that Rome now controls ths entire Mediterranean Sea and I can link Asia Minor to the Empire's trade network thru Palestine to N. Africa. There is also no longer an immediate need to capture St. Petersburg in the Russian Empire.

880 AD: Darius of Persia is unwilling to even talk to me so I have no alternative but to be defensive until more ground forces arrive from Egypt because the majority of my forces bordering Persia are Ballistas. Three Persian units are near me so I shall make a dent in their defences.
My Knight bashes the Warrior, pillages the Plantation then withdraws back to the hill.
 Ballistas eliminate another Warrior...
 
 Finally a Longswordsman assaults the Persian Pikeman.
I also need to take care of that fleeing Persian Catapult - gotcha!!!
The other players' turn and that's strange - Arabia and Russia have declared war on Askia of the Songhai. Arabia probably has cities in E. Africa and is therefore a neighbour and rival - that may explain why Askia hasn't been spreading North towards Roman N. Africa. Catherine is obviously smoking some serious dope but it is an indication that Russia and Arabia are friends.
 
885 to 890 AD: I am moving some forces from Egypt to the Persian front and also take the opportunity to grab a Persian Worker.
 
Policy Adoption time - I choose Reformation primarily because of the 20 turn Golden Age and that means extra cash and production....
...and of course Catherine is peeved about something! How is your against Askia going, bitch?

895 AD: A Persian Chariot Archer is too near to my Ballistas so we hose it down a little.
900 AD: A Ballista terminates the Chariot guys while my forces slowly but surely move towards the front line.
Time to renew my trade agreements with Askia - after all he is at war with two of my neighbours so it would be unwise not to support him.
Meanwhile in Upper Egypt I have bumped into the City-State of Aksum and since we are at war it means that my Longswordsman is a little too exposed. Oops...
I am also moving forces down the Arabian Gulf coast with the goal of an amphibious assault in southern Persia.
905 AD: A final lunge forward and it is revealed that Persepolis is only lightly defended - the trick now is to get several Ballistas within bombardment range of the Persian capital presenting more than one target for the city's defenders - it can only bombard one of my units per turn.
Ave, Caesar!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.