Monday 26 November 2012

Sweeping Persia under the Carpet - 905 AD to 925 AD

905 AD: A close look of the map below shows Persia having only two cities, Persepolis and Pasargadae, but there are probably more further to the East - somebody recently captured Delhi and Persia strength on the Victory Points table indicates an Empire greater than what can be seen at the moment.
 910 AD: The Persians chose to attack my forward Ballista - the survivors fire back....
 ...and my Knight also attacks the city. Hopefully we got the defenders attention! Two more Ballistas have moved forward and are now within firing range.
I have finished researching Gunpowder and have chosen Machinery as my next project. My Archers will be able to upgrade to Crossbowmen but more important bridges will negate the movement penalty when crossing rivers.
915 AD: The Persians hit my forward Ballista again and it is almost wiped out but I receive a promotion for the unit and shall rebuild it to full strength.
It returns the fire and two more Ballistas barrage Persepolis.
A Longswordsman lands in S. Persia and 2 more Ballistas plus another Longswordsman move forward. The situation is getting precarious for Darius.
920 AD: This time the Persians have attacked my Knight almost destroying it but again a promotion comes to the rescue and the unit is rebuilt to full strength. All four Ballistas now bombard Persepolis and.... 
  
 ...and my Knight gives the final blow.
 Persepolis falls and I get the best deal possible.
925 AD: The war is over and I move forces to the new border. To the SE there is a piece of Persian territory and as I suspected Darius appears to have captured at least one Indian city. Excess Ballistas are now moving out of this region and will be transferred to southern Egypt. (Aksum did not sue for peace).
As for my statistics - pretty much unchanged - the only difference is that I now have the 4th largest population.
The 2nd and 3rd greatest Empires are the Arabian and Russian - my neighbours to the South and East. The Arabians definitely have cities in east Africa!
 
It's now time for a strategy session - more in my next post. Ave, Caesar!!!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.