Wednesday 28 March 2012

Europe at War....

2410 BC: Interesting - Germany has just declared war on France - shall I help? I decide not to because although I feel safe on the French front, I'm not sure what Greece has in mind - Alexander has never been friendly and has denounced me twice. I have a lack of muscle so I build an Archer then Granary in Bilbao.


My statistics look better - I expect to be unpopular because of all the wars I started. Let's be honest - this is not a poularity contest! My low population is no surprise because I have been concentrating on production not growth and I had Unhappiness for ca. 10 turns...


The Victory Points table shows me joint 2nd behind Russia


2390 BC: Catherine declares war on Alexander - well that is cute - maybe I can bash Napoleon a little bit after all...



After barrages from Bilbao and my Archer a Warrior assaults and kills the French Warrior - that should help my friend Bismarck :-) Those symbols on the right of the map mean that a whole bunch of City States have declared war on me - I guess I am very unpopular now...

2380 BC: I meet Genghis Khan and make friends with Askia of the Songhai - nice, but then Bismarck makes peace with Napoleon. What is going on? Only 3 turns of conflict! I offer Napoleon peace terms and much to my surprise he is not interested...

2340 BC: Now Russia and Greece agree to peace and I am beginning to feel foolish. In 2330 Napoleon offers peace and I accept...


2320 BC: Rome gains it's 4th Citizen and I put him to work in the mines - I want to finish The Colossus as soon as possible.


2320 BC: Alexander denounces me so I denounce him - I meet the friendly Chinese and I look at my stats. Bismarck profited slightly from the conflict but I am joint 3rd with 53 VP's.



In the lower table I am improving slightly - all 3 of my cities have gained population and Army is above average size. It is now 2290 BC and in 4 turns Masonry will be finished - what should I choose next?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.